Thursday, January 30, 2020

Naomi Campbell Makes Her Vivienne Westwood Campaign Debut

Set in the backstreets of Paris, Naomi Campbell, Vivienne Westwood, and Andreas Kronthaler star in Westwood's latest campaign, unveiled today. It marks Campbell's first campaign with the British designer.

The atmospheric images and video were shot by esteemed fashion photographer and Westwood collaborator Juergen Teller in the 18th arrondissement of the fashion capital, where the Andreas Kronthaler for Vivienne Westwood Spring/Summer 2020 show took place last September. Model Kanidoura Fissourou, who walked that runway, is also featured in the campaign.


The campaign highlights the eccentricity of Westwood's designs and the unique qualities of the garments, each of which have a story embedded in their creation. “When I design clothes, they always have to have a story and when somebody shoots me in our clothes, I always have to have that story in my mind," says Westwood on her most recent collection and the campaign. "I’ve been reading mythology. For this, it was like we were on our way to paradise and we were all going to change from fish into birds."

Campbell, who has waited patiently for her moment with Westwood, says: “I believe things in life come along when they are meant to. It’s taken 33 years to do a Westwood campaign and I’m so happy to be doing it in my 49th year. It’s meant to be when it's meant to be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment