Wednesday, February 28, 2018

What's Next For Gigi Hadid?

After two years and four collections, Gigi Hadid bid an emotional farewell to her hit collaboration with Tommy Hilfiger. The experience she said had given her a huge confidence boost.

“From the get go I really enjoyed every second of my design meetings," Hadid revealed. "They were hours long for multiple days. I felt really lucky to have that responsibility and I took it really seriously. With each collection I learned more how to step into my power in a way in terms of being confident in myself.”


She plans to build on her success and the skills she’s learnt with Tommy and continue designing, but don’t expect her to rush into a new project. “I want to take some time and think about what I could be really good at. I want it to be something I really think about and something I know I can make well. I want it to be great quality and for people to know it is mine when they look at it.”

Whatever she does, she plans to consult Hilfiger. “I’ll always have a mentor in Tommy. Whatever I come up with, I’ll run by him and see if he thinks it’s a good idea.”

See all the facts from the fourth and final Gigi x Tommy collection here;

The location

2,000 people watched the show. Designed as an indoor race track, the catwalk was lined with F1 cars and merchandise stores so that the audience could shop the catwalk.

The catwalk

The racing track catwalk was one of the longest ever created at 212 metres. Gigi Hadid went around it three times in total clocking up a whopping 636 catwalk metres walked.

It was a family affair

Hadid’s sister Bella and brother Anwar walked in the show and Hilfiger’s wife Dee and children were in attendance.

The line-up

Gigi’s catwalk crew included Joan Smalls, Hayley Baldwin, Fran Summers, Dilone and Snoop’s son Cordell Broadus. Jeremy Meeks (AKA the hot felon) was a surprise catwalk presence. He was mobbed for selfies backstage.

Backstage

Hilfiger laid on bulgar wheat salads (meat, fish or veggie) and fruit cups for the models backstage.

The last hurrah

This was the fourth and final collaboration between Gigi and Tommy. She said she plans to carry on designing and will consult him on her future projects. "Tommy will always be a mentor to me.” He is expected to announce new collaborators soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment