Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Victoria Beckham On The Spice Girls: It's About Protecting The Legacy

"There have been so many people talking about the Spice Girls, but for me it's nothing tangible," Victoria Beckham said during a run-through of her Victoria, Victoria Beckham autumn/winter 2018 collection today. "It's not about touring, it's not about recording any more material, it's about protecting the legacy and thinking about what girl power looks like in the future."

"It's really not about us five doing things," she reiterates, grazing her hand along the rail of her latest V,VB designs, which she refers to as "the other side to my wardrobe, the easy-to-wear part of my suitcase".

"V,VB is always going to have an element of me poking fun at myself," she explains, referring to the white logo T-shirt she's wearing that reads: "It's A Dark Happy Place". "I really loved the "Fashion Stole My Smile" T-shirt. I say these things all the time, I really should just write them all down. This [T-shirt] is me poking fun at myself with my sunglasses on."


She's done two shows in two weeks, but there's little time for celebration. "It never stops," she laughs. "The minute one is over you're onto the next, and this year we have lots of fun things planned for our 10th anniversary." Scouting venues for the September show, which will see her return to London Fashion Week, is a priority. "I need to think outside the box and do something different," she muses, before adding: "I don't know whether it's going to be a one-off, I don't know where I will be in February, but September will be exciting."

She's as modest as ever when talk turns to the musical chairs within the industry: "Doing what I do with my own brand and trying to juggle four children and a husband is enough for me," she says. "I'm just trying to do the best I can. I'm trying to be the best professional, the best mum, the best wife. It's not easy, I don't think being a working mum is ever easy."

No comments:

Post a Comment