Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Jason Wu To Leave Hugo Boss

JASON WU and Hugo Boss are parting ways. The Taiwan-born, New York-based designer - who founded his own label in 2007 - has been responsible for the entire womenswear offering from the German fashion house, including ready-to-wear and accessories, since his appointment as Boss creative director in 2013.

"I feel certain that he will approach all his future projects with the same compelling passion and zest that he brought to Hugo Boss - and for which we are highly indebted to him at that time," chief brand officer Ingo Wilts said ahead of Wu's final presentation - a "Gallery" collection, which aims to bridge the gap between Boss's men’s and women’s lines - held in Cedar Lake today.

"I feel like by today's standards [five years] is a very long time, which I'm very, very proud of. It's public knowledge that about a year and a half ago there was a management change at Hugo Boss. I've really stayed on to help the brand with the transition of its next stage," Wu commented to WWD. "It's going on to the next generation and iteration of Hugo Boss. We just shot the autumn/winter 2018 campaign in January in New York. I'm happy to have helped the brand get more notoriety in terms of women's wear."


He continued: "I've worn many different hats in the past 10 years and throughout my whole career. I am never really the complaining kind. I love doing a lot of things. One of my biggest idols is Karl Lagerfeld. I think to be able to do a lot is fortunate. I'm really happy to have done a lot."

Unlike Lagerfeld, who is at the creative helm of Chanel and Fendi, as well as his own fashion empire, Wu clarified that he would be "concentrating 100 per cent on my brand. We are looking at Asia and China being a really big step for me next."

No comments:

Post a Comment