Thursday, March 30, 2017

Wilhelmina Models Signs Minaj

She may already be a familiar face on the fashion scene, but Nicki Minaj has added to her credentials by signing a contract with Wilhelmina Models.

“I love the synergy between my music and how it inspires my fashion. My message is always celebrating your own style,” she told American Vogue about her deal last night. “I’m thrilled and honoured to have signed with Wilhelmina - they get me.”


Founded in 1967 by model Wilhelmina Cooper, Wilhelmina Models has been responsible for aiding the careers of models from Iman to Cindy Bruna. Minaj joins the agency's celebrity division, where her model card will sit alongside actors and singers, including Nick Jonas and Demi Lovato.

The rapper's most recent dalliance with fashion came as she attended Paris Fashion Week earlier this month, drawing attention at the Haider Ackermann show wearing a blazer exposing her breast. Her first official job under her new contract remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment