Wednesday, March 1, 2017

The Downside To Being A Supermodel's Daughter

As a beautiful budding model, it's handy if your mother is one of the original supers when it comes to advice, guidance and posing practice, but there is one downside when said mother is Cindy Crawford, according to her daughter.

"The best part is all the advice she can give me," Crawford's daughter Kaia Gerber told Refinery 29. "The worst part is how beautiful she is. I don't even want to be in a photo next to her because she's incredible. She doesn't seem to age, which is not fair."

For her own age, Gerber has a wise head on young shoulders. Still only 15, the face of Marc Jacobs Beauty has a famously grounded sense of self when it comes to how she handles herself in the public domain and on social media.


"I mean, I think I'm really careful about what I post, but at the same time, I'm 15 years old. I don't feel pressure to be perfect all the time, because nobody is and I think I almost respect people who show off their imperfections more because you can relate to them. When I see Instagram posts that are really perfect, it's hard to respond to that. You want to see more."

It's not the first time that Gerber has heaped praise on Crawford. In a mother-daughter interview with Teen Vogue last year, the 14-year-old revealed that watching her mother "be nothing but kind to everyone on set, from the photographer to the caterer" gave her a beneficial perspective, despite Crawford claiming that her lookalike daughter is "so much more confident" than she was at the same age.

No comments:

Post a Comment