Thursday, March 9, 2017

Kate On Her New Role

Known for her reticence to share too much in interviews, Kate Moss has opened up in the April issue of Vogue - on everything from her new role as a model agent to catching the tube in London.

Although she graces the cover, photographed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, inside the issue Moss assumes her contributing fashion editor role - styling a shoot photographed by her boyfriend, Nikolai von Bismarck, and starring two protégés of her Kate Moss Agency, Elfie Reigate and Louis Baines.

“As a model I am prepared to stand in a bikini at the end of an ice glacier when it’s minus 30, because that is what the client has booked me to do and that’s the job," she explained of launching the agency, which she has been building since last September. "So, as I get older, it seemed like the natural thing to do was to take responsibility for my choices both as a model and with the branding I put my name to.”

Having started her career at 17, Moss revealed that she's understandably protective about her young charges; trying to shield them from the problems that she herself faced.


“I don’t want a young girl to feel bad if she has to wait around," Moss said. "I was that person with Steven Meisel, even though I was the face of CK at the time. I had to sit around for days. It can be really hard. I’m maternal; I don’t want the girls to feel insecure.”

The model, who revealed that she recently took the tube in London ("Everyone seemed so quiet!"), joked about her current level of celebrity - a far cry from those early days - with paparazzi a constant presence in her life.

“Actually, it doesn’t particularly bother me," she joked. "One guy sits outside the house. He comes to the country, too... Once he brought his kids and they spent the weekend sitting in the car.”

No comments:

Post a Comment