Friday, August 1, 2014

Pejic Undergoes Gender Surgery

Andrej Pejic has undergone sex reassignment surgery, the model has revealed.

The surgery, which Pejic has often spoken about having in the past,  took place earlier this year in America, and has made the celebrated androgynous model "more comfortable than ever".

"About a year-and-a-half ago, I re-evaluated things. I was proud of my gender non-conforming career, but my biggest dream was to be comfortable in my own body," Pejic told People. "I was happy the moment had come - as happy as you can be before a surgery. It was about three months before I felt like myself again."

Pejic has made history on the catwalk and in countless campaigns, including having been the first male model to have fronted a womenswear underwear campaign, being Jean Paul Gaultier´s couture bride, and being slated to star in Sofia Coppola's forthcoming adaptation of The Little Mermaid.

Andrej For John Paul Gaultier
The model, who will now be known as Andreja, also revealed the first time that surgery became a possibility, at the age of 13 while still in school.

"I went into the library and typed 'sex change' into Google and my life changed. The search results for the now-antiquated term yielded a flood of information and relief. The internet gave me the sense that there were words to describe my feelings and medical terms."

"Every day is like a new revelation," the model concluded. "I'm more comfortable than ever. I feel 100 per cent."

No comments:

Post a Comment