Friday, August 1, 2014

Being Westwood's Girl

For Next Model Management's latest signing, Cora Corré, the fashion world is nothing new. As the granddaughter of Vivienne Westwood and daughter of Agent Provocateur founders, Joseph Corré and Serena Rees, there is little that she will encounter as a model that she hasn't seen - or at least heard of - before.

"I walked with Veruschka when I was four years old for my grandma and just recently at her autumn/winter show which was really cool," she told us. "I've grown up surrounded by a lot of great creatives and a few extreme characters, so I feel like I understand some of it."

However, despite it being in her blood, it wasn't her aspiration and her parents' counsel has always been to maintain perspective.

"Modelling wasn't something I was planning. It feels pretty exciting and because I have been so lucky to work with really amazing photographers already, it feels quite natural to be doing this," she said. "My parents are pretty cool and let me make my own choices and stand on my own two feet. Their main advice is 'just don't get wrapped up in it'."

Cora Corre
As they would be for any 17 year old, however, the perks of her new job are very exciting.

"I just shot something with David Bailey which was an unbelievable experience," she said. "I study photography so it's interesting to be a part of that creative process, and obviously I like the amazing crazy clothes and accessories that I might not normally get to wear."

For now though, school's out for summer and Corré plans to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment