Thursday, February 2, 2017

Martha's Surprising Angel Meal Plan

Martha Hunt has revealed how her food intake changes before a Victoria’s Secret show, and while many of us might imagine we’d lay off high-calorie foods in the days before walking around in our underwear in front of the whole world, Hunt’s diet plan is quite the opposite.

“I eat more than usual, because the workouts burn so many calories,” Hunt told The New Potato. “I just make sure I get protein in every meal and I try to eat cleaner than usual. I’ll have Greek yoghurt or eggs for breakfast, sushi for lunch, and salmon, chicken or meat with vegetables and healthy carbs for dinner. Most of my snacks involve peanut butter or almond butter. I noticed my nails and hair were growing faster than normal before the VS show, so maybe that was due to me eating more protein and overall healthier foods. Last year I amped up the workouts leading up to the show. I probably worked out five times a week for three weeks. I don’t know if I will go that hard again!”


Hunt also shared her advice for those struggling with body image. The model has been vocal in the past about her own battle with scoliosis, which she underwent spinal fusion surgery to help correct when she was in her teens.

“We all have insecurities. Don’t focus on them,” she said. “Your self worth has nothing to do with your body. All female bodies are beautiful and unique. Your mind is more powerful than your body, so never stop working on that. I’m working on a project, trying to get awareness out there for all young people burdened by scoliosis, and to help boost their self-esteem. More funding is needed for research to improve treatment, so I went to Capitol Hill to advocate for that. Already treatment has changed drastically since 13 years ago when I was diagnosed. I would like to see treatment continue to evolve, so eventually we find a safe way to straighten spines!”

No comments:

Post a Comment