Thursday, June 7, 2018

Olivier Rousteing Documentary Details Revealed

The documentary exploring the life of Balmain creative director Olivier Rousteing is slated for release in early 2019.

Matt Tyrnauer and Matt Kapp, the production team behind the 2009 docudrama Valentino: Last Emperor, will finish shooting this summer. The distribution channel is yet to be confirmed.

The film will chart Rousteing’s childhood with his adoptive parents in Bordeaux to his path to fashion fame, including “some of the struggles encountered in getting to where I am, the work that has gone into it and the critiques,” the designer told WWD.

“It’s going to be a beautiful message, it’s going to be a big thing,” he continued, before acknowledging that an autobiographical film is unusual for a 32-year-old. “A documentary about my life when I’m only in my Thirties, it’s a bit like when I had to do the collaboration with H&M based on Balmain’s DNA when I’d only been at the house for like four and a half years. I’ve been at Balmain for eight years now, it’s not like Mr Valentino or Pierre Cardin, but that’s interesting as well because I feel sometimes that my life is like a [fashion paradox]; I feel misunderstood sometimes.”


"At the beginning I was the Balmain baby and now Balmain is my baby," he told Vogue in 2016 of how social media (he now has 4.9million Instagram followers and counting) has been integral to his rise. "It was important back then to use Instagram to invite people to discover who I am. I'm adopted, I came from an orphanage, and I wanted to show people that dreams can come true; to give a positive message and say that if you believe in yourself and you believe in a dream it can happen."

Expect Rousteing's #BalmainArmy - his age-defying fan-girl demographic of loyal followers and model friends - to be out in full force come release date.

No comments:

Post a Comment