Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Raf's Next Move

As Raf Simons continues to move on afterlife at Dior, the designer has revealed that he will be showing his eponymous spring 2017 menswear collection at Pitti this June, as opposed to Paris as usual.

"Florence holds a special place in my heart, as, over the years, I have regularly come back to show my work or to collaborate on ventures that closely mirrored my thoughts about it," said Simons, reports Vogue.com. "I am thrilled to be there again this season to present my spring/summer collection as well as a special project we are developing especially for Pitti."


Simons has been vocal about his reasons for moving on from Dior, citing various contributing factors - such as lack of time and personal creative freedom - for his need to move on.

"When you start performing as the creative director of another brand, you realise how much it's not your own personal codes," he told T Magazine back in February . "How different those two are. You could really work your ass off, really bring a lot of your own thing, but it's not the same thing. I didn't really think it over, but with my own brand I have become very protective, almost. Doing literally what I want to do, that relates to its own history or my own history or my own being."

Meanwhile back at Dior, which still hasn't appointed Simons's replacement, the future is also looking good. LVMH boss Bernard Arnault said yesterday at the company's annual general meeting in Paris that "the sales of Dior are starting to become quite significant... they could be more than €5 billion in 2016," reportsReuters.

No comments:

Post a Comment