Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Countdown For Alexa’s Label Begins

It´s been a long time coming, but Alexa Chung  hopes to release her debut fashion label in 2014. The Voguecover girl first revealed that she was planning to design her own line in August 2012.

Of course, this isn't the first time that Chung has turned her hand to design - she teamed up with American store Madewell in 2010. She has also collaborated with beauty brand Eyeko, and fronted campaigns for Maje, Superga, Lacoste and L'Oréal. This year also saw her release her debut book, It.

Alexa Chung
"I need some time to think about it!" Chung said of the collection. "That's [2014] going to be the first opportunity where I haven't had a nine-to-five job… I've kind of been doing Eyeko, I wrote a book, I did Fuse every day, and various other design gigs and DJing. So this will be the first time to actually sort of sit down and think about it."

Although the label's signatures haven't yet been decided on, it sounds as if risqué Miley Cyrus-inspired ensembles won't play a part.

"It's like a will it/won't it situation, I'm on the edge of my seat every time I watch her spread her legs! I'm like 'Ooh! Ooh!' It's too much for my anxiety," Chung told Fashionista.

No comments:

Post a Comment