Thursday, December 26, 2013

Lagerfeld: My Dallas Collection Is Not Fancy Dress

Karl Lagerfeld's latest Chanel Metiers d'Art collection  may have a strong Western feel, but whatever you do, don't even think about wearing his collection to a fancy dress party. Watch the designer talk about the show in the film above.

"Chanel clothes are bought all over the world," Lagerfeld said. "They can have a local ethic inspiration, but, at the same time, they have to have a universal touch - otherwise it becomes limited. You can wear these clothes and look normal. This isn't just for costume parties."

Inspired by a romantic, poetic version of Texas ("I tried to remove its relationship from tough Hollywood films; you know with John Wayne"), the offering features new twists on cowgirl chic - from classic white shirts with fringing sleeves to tights covered in cowboy-boot patterns.


"It's a reinvention of something in my mind," said Lagerfeld of the tights. "That's my job. I have great people who work with me, I couldn't do it alone. To work it out, you need great people."

No comments:

Post a Comment