Friday, October 4, 2013

What To Pack For Fashion Season

In less than four weeks, fashion month kicks off - four weeks of catwalk shows rotating from New York to London, before Milan and finally ending in Paris. But what to wear to look the part in front of the industry's leading editors, buyers and designers?

"I start thinking about packing for the shows a long time in advance because I find it therapeutic - how pathetic," said Vogue contributing editor Lisa Armstrong. "I've been trying to meditate for a year but I haven't been able to find time, so instead I think about all the clothes I'm going to fit into one suitcase and how many looks I can get out of them. That whole craze of people changing five times a day over the shows seems to have died down. Quite often during fashion week, you will get a last-minute invitation to a dressy dinner so I always pack a spare cocktail dress, probably by Christopher Kane or Erdem."

Fashion Week Wardrobe
Armstrong - who is fashion editor of the Daily Telegraph - says it is important to remember the more practical essentials, as well as wardrobe requisites.

"I also pack my iPhone, iPad mini and MacBook, but I'm old-fashioned and write my show notes in a notebook," she told Matche´s  magazine The Style Report. "I use my iPhone to take pictures and tweet, too. Recently I've been on lots of trips to Paris. You could spend a lot of time in China if you wanted to, as there are so many stories there. I try not to travel too much outside of the shows so I can spend time with family."

No comments:

Post a Comment