Saturday, October 5, 2013

Stella And Gwyneth Collaborate

Stella McCartney  and Gwyneth Paltrow  have teamed up to create a capsule collection for Paltrow's lifestyle website, Goop,  featuring investment pieces designed by McCartney and curated by Paltrow - and the twosome are very clear about their roles.

"I think of myself as a woman who is a lover of beautiful things," Paltrow said. "I'm very specific about my taste. The role I want in a partnership is curating a collection as opposed to taking a designer point of view. I can tweak a blazer and make it the perfect blazer. It's being able to fulfill what my ideal things ought to be."

"I have quite a lot of admiration for her at so many levels and that's a big part of how I design," McCartney added, WWD reports. "Her spirit and inner beauty as well as outer beauty are a big inspiration for me. I draw from that every day from all my friends." 

Stella And Gywneth
The selection - which features classic McCartney pieces including a black blazer, black jeans and black wool trousers, as well as several exclusive handbags - will sit on the Goop Collection part of the company's website, which offers products exclusive to Goop readers. Past Goop Collection associations include Cynthia Rowley, Rag & Bone, Warby Parker and Alexandra von Furstenberg.

No comments:

Post a Comment