Thursday, July 25, 2013

Kylie Minogue Suffers For Her Art

Kylie Minogue  might look as though she's having the time of her life when she performs one of her spectacular stage shows, but behind the professional smile, she's battling with a series of revealing, restricting and generally uncomfortable costumes. The singer is renowned for her flamboyant and theatrical stage-wear, regularly wearing designs by the likes of Jean Paul Gaultier  and Dolce & Gabbana for her performances.

Kylie Minogue : Show Girl 
"They look great and they do the job on stage, but they're zero fun to wear," she said. "I know that they're projecting and doing what they need to do, but you can't breathe, you can't walk, and you've got to make it look like you can do all of that - which means you can't do the other things you've got to do as well as you would like. So you've got to just juggle for the end result."

The 45-year-old has just launched a book dedicated to 25 years of her style, entitled Kylie / Fashion, in commemoration of reaching a quarter century in the music industry. She explained that her outlandish stage costumes are necessary in order to create a sense of drama and theatre for her fans.

"You don't want to go [to a concert] and see me wearing what I'd wear on the street," she said. "It's got to be larger than life, and a little bit of a fantasy. I love doing that, but I also love taking it off."

So what does she enjoy wearing? Thanks to spending more time in the US of late - she recently signed with Jay-Z's music label, RocNation - Minogue has developed a penchant for more casual attire.

"Now I own a baseball cap," she told the New York Post. "And I've never worn trainers so much! I love it. I've never been so comfortable in my life. I've even been wearing track pants."

Kylie / Fashion will be available to buy in the UK from November 19, published by Thames & Hudson.

No comments:

Post a Comment