Thursday, July 25, 2013

Cameron Diaz’s New Fashion Job

Cameron Diaz has been named artistic director at Pour La Victoire. The actress also recently bought a stake PLV Studio Inc, parent company of the footwear and accessories brand.

The move marks Diaz's first major fashion appointment. The 40-year-old has never been closely associated with the industry, nor has she ever starred in a fashion advertising campaign - but is acutely aware of the impact that her fame and personal fashion choices can have on shoppers.

"I don't do endorsements really. This is completely different," Diaz told WWD. "Being influential in a brand and in its campaigns interests me. I love fashion, it's a large part of my life. What I wear is looked at - it influences what other people wear because that's just the world we live in."

According to reports, the actress was approached by friend, and Pour La Victoire board member, Dave Baram, who invited her to visit the brand's showroom last year. What was initially meant as just a guided tour, turned into a business venture.

"I know how I work and I know when something is important to me. I'll try my best and hope for the best," said Diaz. "Not everyone succeeds or fails all the time. All I can do is engage with it."

Cameron Diaz
The actress described her new role as "a true partnership" with the label, and added that she's looking forward to learning more about the industry. In her role as artistic director, she will contribute to the design of forthcoming collections as well as having input in marketing and advertising.

"Pour La Victoire gives me the opportunity to create something timeless," she added. "There's a lot I have to learn about the business. I'm interested in learning how collections are created. The word 'fun' - I want to say that it's going to be fun, but it's deeper than that."

Diaz's first collection for Pour La Victoire is expected to land in spring 2014, reports WWD. It's believed that the label will launch a Christmas campaign entitled Cameron's Picks, featuring a curated selection of her favourite pieces from the autumn/winter 2013-14 range.

No comments:

Post a Comment