Monday, June 3, 2013

Louis Vuittons Guide To London

Louis Vuitton  has created a very chic addition to your holidays with the launch of a series of city travel books, starting with Paris, New York, London and Easter Island. Each spring, the fashion house will enlist the talents of an emerging artist, beginning with Japanese illustrator Natsko Seki who has created a tome based on London, launching in stores today.


"Louis Vuitton is a global luxury brand, and I knew of its great contribution to the creative fields," Seki said of why she was first attracted to working with the label. "I felt honoured when the company first approached me. They trusted my decision and allowed me the freedom to develop my ideas and work on my own."

The books will act as a pictorial accompaniment to the label's popular city guides, which feature handpicked addresses of where to stay, shop, eat and drink in different international destinations. Known for her fusion of hand-drawing, photography and technological skills, Seki has offered her take on some of London's most notable sights - including the Tate Modern, the Mayor's Office and Regent's Canal.

"There were places that I definitely wanted to draw from the beginning, but the list of places expanded as I started this project and walked around the city," said Seki. "I looked up Japanese guide books, as they are really good too, and Louis Vuitton was also helpful in giving me advice."

No comments:

Post a Comment