Thursday, July 22, 2021

Dolly Parton Recreates 1978 ‘Playboy’ Cover

If you’re stuck on what to get your partner for his/her/their birthday this year, Dolly Parton has a helpful suggestion. For her husband Carl Thomas Dean’s 78th on 20 July, the Queen of Country one-upped golf clubs by recreating her 1978 Playboy cover. “You’re probably wondering why I’m dressed like this,” the vaccine sponsor declared in an Instagram video, a pair of bunny ears on her head.

“Remember, some time back, I said I was going to pose for Playboy magazine when I was 75? Well, I’m 75, and they don’t have a magazine anymore, but my husband always loved the original cover of Playboy, so I was trying to think of something to do to make him happy. He still thinks I’m a hot chick after 57 years, and I’m not going to try to talk him out of that.”


Famously, Parton became the first country star ever to pose for Playboy, although her contract prohibited any nudity. Instead, the “I Will Always Love You” queen wore a bustier and rhinestone-studded bowtie. (“O-o-o-e-e-e! A Hit Interview With Country Queen Dolly Parton,” read the cover, along with intriguing teasers such as “The Best Of The West: Pac 10 Co-Eds Part II” and “How To Play The Inner Game Of Sex (And Win)”).

Dolly ditched the cover lines for her version – which sees her wearing the exact same outfit. “I had a cover made of the new Dolly, or the old new Dolly… In the first one, I was kind of a little butterball, but I’m string cheese now. He’ll probably think I’m cream cheese, I hope!” Given the pair have been together and wildly in love since before the first moon landing, we’d say there’s a good chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment