Thursday, August 11, 2016

Gemma Reveals Pregnancy Fears

Gemma Ward who confirmed on Instagram two weeks ago that she is expecting another child with partner David Letts, has revealed that she is not finding pregnancy any easier the second time around.

"Everyone says the second baby is easy but I'm the opposite because I know how much it hurts," the 28-year-old model told The Australian Daily Telegraph. "I'm way more terrified. I know everything is going to be fine but I think I had false confidence with the first."

Australia-based Ward, who returned to the catwalk in 2014 following a six-year hiatus from modelling, took to the runway last night for David Jones's spring/summer 2016 show.


"I am really excited that they've embraced me and this concept," she said earlier this week about the prospect of walking for the brand at 14-weeks pregnant. "I just think it is a really lovely way to celebrate a period in what some women go through and it is nice to celebrate all the different ways your body changes.

"I'm really doing this so that my baby can have a first catwalk show early," Ward added jokingly.

The couple welcomed their daughter, Naia - who appeared in a campaign for Australian brand Country Road alongside her mother when she was less than a year old - in late 2013. Ward revealed in an interview with The Australian Daily Telegraph earlier this year that she wouldn't discourage her daughter from going into modelling if that is her choice of career.

"I am in a unique position where I can mentor her and tell her what to expect and also what to look out for - because there are a lot of pitfalls," she said. "I think I would be quite protective but I wouldn't dissuade her."

No comments:

Post a Comment