Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Charlotte Simone Launches jackets

Charlotte Simone has garnered a celebrity following for her fluffy scarves that would make even the biggest luxury houses green with envy, and now she's adding jackets to her reportoire. As fluffy and marshmallow-soft as her scarves, and lined with her signature sweetie print, the capsule shearling offering boasts a range of combinations in five shapes and five colours - pink, blue, black, white and grey - and although they've never been seen before now, it's safe to say you're about to become very familiar with their shaggy silhouettes as stars and customers alike clamour to get their hands on them.


"I'm hoping to see Lily Donaldson in a bomber during fashion week, I have a massive crush on her beautiful face," designer Charlotte Beecham smiled. "Kendall Jenner has also been a keen supporter of the brand so I've got my fingers crossed to spot her in one. To be honest, I think Londoners have such great style; I'd be very happy, proud and excited to just see stylish girls on the streets in a bomber. Whenever I see ladies in CS around town I sort of lurk behind them and try and take photos. Nothing beats that feeling."

Gently expanding into new categories is nothing new to Beecham, who has dabbled in bags, hats and small accessories over previous seasons, but making the leap into ready-to-wear was still a daunting step for her.

"My business model has been very organic to say the least," she told us. "I actually made my very first jacket out of fluffy scraps strewn around the office. It's only when I started wearing it that I realised that my friends, colleagues and buyers wanted one too! Three seasons in it felt like the right time to expand the Charlotte Simone offering."

Priced from £475 to £575, the jacket collection is available fromCharlottesimone.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment