Thursday, January 7, 2016

What Gisele Really Eats

Having seen Gisele Bündchen's incredible figure over the past 20 years as it remained virtually unaltered by the ravages of time and two children, it will come as no surprise to fashion fans that she eats a healthy diet. But, if your New Year's resolutions involve cutting out biscuits and wine in a bid to get a figure like your favourite supermodel, the bad news is that you may have to go a bit further than that.


"So, 80 per cent of what they eat is vegetables," he told Boston.com, The Cutreports. "I buy the freshest vegetables. If it's not organic, I don't use it. And whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans. The other 20 per cent is lean meats: grass-fed organic steak, duck every now and then, and chicken. As for fish, I mostly cook wild salmon. No white sugar. No white flour. No MSG. I'll use raw olive oil, but I never cook with olive oil. I only cook with coconut oil. Fats like canola oil turn into trans fats. I use Himalayan pink salt as the sodium. I never use iodised salt. Tom doesn't eat nightshades, because they're not anti-inflammatory. So no tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, or eggplants. Tomatoes trickle in every now and then, but just maybe once a month. I'm very cautious about tomatoes. They cause inflammation. What else? No coffee. No caffeine. No fungus. No dairy. The kids eat fruit. Tom, not so much. He will eat bananas in a smoothie. But otherwise, he prefers not to eat fruits."

The chef - who has never worked as a private chef before - met the couple while he was working at the Gansevoort Hotel in Miami, and revealed that the couple's children are just as healthy as they are.


"Vivi was only nine months when I started, so I made her first food," he said. "And 90 per cent of the time they all eat the same thing. I cook for the kids, but Gisele makes Benny's lunch to take to school. She packs that herself. Yesterday I made veggie sushi for the kids. I've been doing that a lot lately. It's brown rice, avocado, carrot, and cucumber. The kids like it maki-style, so the rice is on the outside. For snacks, I make fruit rolls from bananas, pineapple, and spirulina. Spirulina is an algae. It's a super fruit. I dehydrate it. I dehydrate a lot of things. I have three dehydrators in their kitchen. I also make raw granola and raw chocolate-chip cookies."

"I just did this quinoa dish with wilted greens. I use kale or Swiss chard or beet greens. I add garlic, toasted in coconut oil. And then some toasted almonds, or this cashew sauce with lime curry, lemongrass, and a little bit of ginger," he said. "That's just comfort food for them."

Describing his employers as "really laid-back", Campbell revealed that he creates a menu a few days in advance so that the family have a chance to see what he's planning, before he shops for local seasonal ingredients at nearby farmers' markets or at Whole Foods. Far from being daunted by creating food for a couple who both rely on their bodies for their careers, Campbell said that's exactly what makes his work so satisfying.

"If I was cooking for anyone else who didn't respect and appreciate my food as much as they did, it wouldn't be as gratifying for me," he added. "I think that's what makes me happy at the end of the day. I get to really do what I want, and they get to benefit."

No comments:

Post a Comment