Monday, August 17, 2015

Dolce Apologises For IVF Comments

Domenico Dolce has apologised for the comments he made in March this year when he said that he "opposed gay adoption" and that children born through IVF treatment were "synthetic".

"I've done some soul-searching. I've talked to Stefano a lot about this. I've realised that my words were inappropriate, and I apologise," he told American Vogue. "They are just kids. You don't need labels, baby labels. I think everybody chooses for themselves. I don't know everything about IVF, but I love it when people are happy. It's like medicine. Science has been put on the table to help people."


The comments, that appeared in an interview that the designers gave to Panorama magazine, sparked a boycott of the brand led by Elton John (who has two children born to him and his husband David Furnish by IVF) as he publically berated the designers.

"How dare you refer to my beautiful children as 'synthetic'," John said on Instagram. "And shame on you for wagging your judgemental little fingers at IVF - a miracle that has allowed legions of loving people, both straight and gay, to fulfil their dream of having children. Your archaic thinking is out of step with the times, just like your fashions. I shall never wear Dolce & Gabbana ever again. #BoycottDolceGabbana."

No comments:

Post a Comment