Friday, June 27, 2014

Kate Moss T-Shirt Pulled

A t-shirt featuring Kate Moss´s controversial quote, "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels", has been pulled from the shelves at Hudson's Bay Company. After receiving complaints on Twitter and other social media platforms, the Canadian retailer tweeted that the item of clothing would be "removed online and from stores immediately".

"We truly value our relationship with our customers and take their concerns seriously and we recognise that many took offence to the item," said a statement from the company. "In this particular instance, while we respect the designer's art, due to the overwhelming response and the sensitivity of the matter, we made the decision to promptly remove the T-shirts from our stores and from thebay.com."

Kate´s Controverial Quote
Kate Moss made the statement during an interview with WWD in 2009, and caused immediate outrage in the national press with accusations that she was promoting eating disorders. The designer of the T-shirt, Christopher Lee Sauve, explained his reasons for creating the piece in a statement.

"Fashion is created to be either celebrated, adored, or hated and deplored, quite like the industry itself. The particular T-shirt in question showcases an infamous quote by supermodel Kate Moss as a nutrition label - most, if not all, of my designs showcase some type of statement pointing out the absurdity of fashion, and this one item is no exception," Sauve said. "I fully understand and comprehend the severity of an eating disorder and I do not condone celebrating such pain. My sincerest apologies to anyone that I have offended with my designs. I believe wholeheartedly in my work, however, and I can't apologise for that."

No comments:

Post a Comment