Saturday, December 5, 2015

Gwyneth: Why I've Saved All My Gowns

Gwyneth Paltrow´s pink Ralph Lauren gown that she wore to the 1999 Academy Awards to pick up her Best Actress award has a special place in awards-show fashion history but, as the actress revealed this week, it may have a new lease of life breathed into it in the near future. Speaking to People Style, Paltrow revealed that she has kept it for her daughter, Apple.


"Maybe she'll wear it to prom and do a Pretty in Pink thing and resew it and cut it up," she said, before adding: "I don't know if I'd let her chop that one up!" Showing her sentimental side, Paltrow also admitted that she hasn't thrown any of her looks away.

"What's funny is I've been saving my gowns and special things since 12 years before she was born, so I have everything - I have every Oscars dress."


Whether or not these "special things" stretch to her on-screen costumes - including the cult look she made her own as Margot in The Royal Tenenbaums, as well as the Fifties Dolce Vita threads from The Talented Mr Ripley - is not known. Certainly if they did, Apple Martin is officially one of the luckiest girls in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment