Sunday, March 1, 2015

Donatella's Achilles' Heel

One would assume that running a global fashion empire throws up its fair share of problems, but far from any logistical nightmares, Donatella Versace has revealed that the trickiest part of her job lies closer to home.


"It's my self-esteem," she told the International New York Times when asked what she found the hardest. "I trained myself to hide my vulnerability and my insecurities for a long time. I give into these two emotions only when I am alone. At the end of the day, I'm just kind of thinking: 'Is it good enough?' The next day I wake up and I'm like, 'Oh yeah, that was fine.' But usually, in the evening, I have that half an hour when I think I did everything wrong."

But the Versace boss does have friends that she can call on - even if they aren't in Milan where she works.

"I'm the most anti-social person you can think about - even if no one believes me," she said. "This is the city where I work, you know. I don't have many friends here. Actually I don't have any friends at all, out of my office. My friends are around the world; I call them on the phone and talk."

No comments:

Post a Comment