Sunday, March 1, 2015

Did You Know Doutzen Is No Longer An Angel

Doutzen Kroes has walked her last Victoria´s Secret catwalk, having finished her contract with the company at the end of 2014. The issue has only been addressed by Ed Razek, Victoria's Secret's chief marketing officer now, following the departure of fellow Angel, Karlie Kloss earlier this week.


"After I posted the news about Karlie Kloss leaving VS I got a number of texts asking me why I hadn't said anything about Doutzen leaving at the end of last year. Fair question," Razek said. "The simple answer is I should have. Doutzen had a lucrative opportunity in Europe and it would have conflicted with her VS obligations.

So, at her agencies' request, we released her from contract. There was no conflict. No animosity. None of the nonsense I've read on Instagram. She had a great business opportunity, and I wanted to be fair to someone I adore and respect. That's all. I honestly believe Doutzen is one of the most stunningly beautiful people in the world. And I always will. I have told her that many times. Now you know."


Kloss became an Angel ahead of her first show in 2012 - the first model ever to graduate to wings automatically - whereas Kroes is a veritable veteran, walking for the first time in 2005 and boasting eight shows since.

Her last appearance for the brand was in the Super Bowl advertisment, screened in January, which saw Kroes and her fellow Angels trying their hand at American football.

No comments:

Post a Comment