Friday, January 2, 2015

Fashion New Years Honours List 2015

Vetran designer Mary Quant - famous for popularising the miniskirt in London's swinging Sixties - has been made a Dame in the New Year Honours list for 2015, released today.

"I am absolutely delighted to have been awarded this terrific honour," Quant said today. "It is extremely gratifying that my work in the fashion industry has been recognised and acknowledged in such a significant way."

Mary Quant 
Caroline Rush, chief executive of the British Fashion Council, receives a CBE for her contribution to the industry, as does Whistles CEO Jane Shepherdson, while Blink Brow Bar founder Vanita Parti is awarded an MBE for services to the beauty industry as well as for her charity work in India.

One of the youngest to receive the Damehood is 54-year-old actress Kristin Scott Thomas, who told the BBC "I thought someone was playing a trick. But it's true apparently, and I am thrilled, astonished and worried that I might suddenly wake up." Scott Thomas will take on the role of the monarch at the Apollo Theatre this coming year in The Audience.

Actress Joan Collins also becomes a Dame and the veteran actress can scarcely believe it.

Joan Collins
"When I first heard, I really couldn't quite believe it. Although quite a few people have been saying for some time maybe it was going to happen, I never ever believed it. But I'm, delirious, thrilled excited and very, very honoured."

Paul Cummins, the artist who created the poppy display at the Tower of London this year to mark the centenary of the First World War, receives an MBE.

No comments:

Post a Comment