Monday, March 17, 2014

Would You Stay At The Lagerfeld Hotel?

Karl Lagerfeld  has signed a deal to help design a 270-room hotel in Macau, southern China. The Chanel helmer said that the hotel would be "kind of 19th-century style, but I want it modern at the same time".

"[I will approach the project] like my own houses and apartments, but I have more houses than I need, and I don't want to do any more," Lagerfeld told WWD. "So I can - how could I say? - get rid of my frustration by doing hotels." 

Karl Lagerfeld
The 20-storey tower is set to open in 2017 and will be part of the future Lisboa Palace luxury development - which will also include a Versace-themed hotel designed by the brand. Lagerfeld's hotel will be every bit as grand as you might expect.

"You know, Gabrielle Chanel always said, 'I only make dresses I would wear.' And I make only rooms where I would like to sleep. It's as simple as that," he said. "When I do a thing like this, I think, 'Would you live there or not? Do you want to wake up there? Do you think the bathroom is comfortable?' It's very childish thinking, but you know it's like the song My Way."

No comments:

Post a Comment