Friday, January 24, 2014

Meet The New Yves Saint Laurent

Pierre Berge was so impressed by a new biopic made about his late long-term partner Yves Saint Laurent that he was moved to tears. The film - which is out in French cinemas now - stars rising actor Pierre Niney in the title role.

"When I made my entrance following two hours in make-up, Pierre Bergé started to sob," said Niney. "The guy who knew YSL better than anyone in the world had glimpsed something of his friend and lover. It's the one thing that makes me think that we perhaps really managed to capture something."

Piere Berge As Yves Saint Laurent
Although Niney admits that he didn't know very much about the legendary designer before he took on the role, he learnt quickly about the complexities of his personality and his mannerisms.

"YSL has such an unusual voice and elocution that I didn't want to tackle it in the wrong way," he toldMetropolitan magazine. "I wanted to work on it as much as I could until I came up with something that at least I was happy with. The voice contained all his fragility; however, I also believe that he used his shyness as a weapon his entire life."

No comments:

Post a Comment