Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Manolo Blahnik Launches First Bag Collection

Having made his shoes some of the most desirable objects on the planet, Manolo Blahnik is hoping to work his magic in a whole new category as he launches his first full handbag collection. Due to land in store at the end of July, the new line has a strong inspiration point.


"I am always inspired by beautiful women from the past and present, so when I thought about doing a collection of bags, I was sure they were going to be evening bags for the women of today," he told us. "I love ornaments in my shoes so why not add these to the bags too? These bags are an extension of some of the shoe styles I really like as I wanted to keep the connection between the shoes and bags."

It was the discovery of what Blahnik calls, "extraordinary artisans in Italy" that made the time right to expand his design portfolio more comprehensively than before, although he took his time getting them exact to his requirements.

"This collection came up because it is something that I really wanted to do - I had no rush in getting this done," he said. "I like to make things beautifully and sometimes to get something right it takes time. At the moment I have no plans to make other accessories. For the moment I would like to enjoy the bags, and I am already thinking about more bags for next season!"

The collection, which is priced from £1,320 to £1,480, sees a rainbow of satin hues form the bases for beautiful Swarovski crystals that form the focal point of the bags, reminiscent of Blahnik's famous encrusted styles.

The collection will be available at the brand's London flagship on Old Church Street, Liberty and Harrods.


No comments:

Post a Comment