Friday, October 4, 2013

How To Prepare For A Pirelli Shoot

What does it take to be a Pirelli calendar girl? If you'r Bianca Balti then it requires very little in the way of preparation.

"I have not done one exercise in my whole life," she admitted, prior to posing in the 2014 calendar - her second time appearing in the shoot renowned for its nude (or nearly nude) portraits of the world's most beautiful women. The Dolce & Gabbana muse made her debut for the 2011 offering.

"Karl Lagerfeld wanted me because he thought the other girls were too fit," she explained of her first Pirelli outing, which was photographed by the designer. "He told me I had a butt like a goddess, and that I shouldn't ruin it." So does she do anything to get ready for such a high-profile job? "Get a pedicure from somewhere down the street, I guess," she told New York Magazine.

This year's calendar (which marked its 50thanniversary with a special, already released, birthday shoot)  is yet to be unveiled and, aside from Balti, it has not been confirmed who will appear in it. If the 50thanniversary shoot is anything to go by, however, it's likely to feature seasoned Pirelli models Miranda Kerr, Isabeli Fontana, Alek Wek, Helena Christensen, Karolina Kurkova and Alessandra Ambrosio.

"Look at her legs!" Balti said of Ambrosio on the set of the shoot. "See, she works out."

The Pirelli Calendar
Despite her credentials as one of the longest-serving Victoria's Secret Angels, Ambrosio admits to not feeling entirely comfortable with baring all. She was shot in a swimsuit for the 2003 calendar.

"I never really did a nude shoot," she said. "I'm not comfortable doing them, so I always had a G-string, or I cover my boobs so it looks like I'm nude."

So how did she go about preparing for her Pirelli moment? "I lay out in the sun yesterday, just for a few minutes," she said. It appears that when you're as genetically blessed as Balti and Ambrosio, it all comes naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment