Monday, June 3, 2013

The Collaborations Of Karl

Karl Lagerfeld  is fond of a collaboration. In the past, the designer has partnered with H&M on a high street line, Shu Uemura on make-up, Melissa on jelly shoes and even LA-based brand Tokidoki on a mini statue of himself - to name but a few - but there are certain products that he'd draw the line at.

"Toilet paper? Support stockings? Condoms?" he said, before jokingly adding: "But maybe. You know, I am mainstream. This exclusivity, it's old-fashioned. The product has to defend itself."

The Chanel creative director also touched upon his notoriously outspoken nature - with the likes of Adele, Michelle Obama  and Pippa Middleton having found themselves at the receiving end of one of his acid-tongued comments in the past.

"People are very nice to me, even though I'm known for saying rude things," he admitted. "It's quite funny to have managed to become famous despite not being an actor, a singer and not being 15-years old. Not a day goes by where I don't get presents, drawings, dolls from fans."


And ever wondered what makes the designer angry? Things not going entirely his way, and people who complain of boredom.

"Things that are not happening as I wish [make me angry]. The things that take time. And people who say they are bored, even though I don't spend time with these kinds of people," he told French magazineMadame Le Figaro. "I think that it's a crime to say you are bored when time is so precious and there are so many things to do in life: read, learn, watch."

No comments:

Post a Comment