Thursday, May 12, 2016

Ab Fab's Vogue Takeover

This month's Vogue has the Duchess of Cambridge on the cover, but inside the issue television royalty are crashing a Vogue shoot. The Absolutely Fabulous duo - Patsy Stone and Eddy Monsoon, or Joanna Lumley and Jennifer Saunders as you may also know them - are bringing their indefatigable banter to David Bailey's studio, leaving Vogue's Emily Sheffield to pick up the pieces.


"Oh, I love them! It's like wearing another cloak," Lumley said. "If someone said would you like a night out with Eddy and Patsy, you would run a mile. Awful. But to have a night out as them, well, that's another matter." While Saunders added of their enduring appeal: "I don't know, honestly. I think we love Eddy because she just keeps trying so hard."

The shoot features Georgia May Jagger, as well as fashion designers Manolo Blahnik and Stephen Jones, and sees the characters wreaking havoc on set. Fortunately, off-screen, Lumley and Saunders promise they are much more sedate.

"I spend my life on my knees in the garden or complaining - and I'm also very old. So I'm not Patsy. And I think people wish that we were falling out of taxis," Lumley joked.

See the shoot in full and read the interview in the June 2016 centenary issue of Vogue - now on newsstands nationwide and available to download. The Absolutely Fabulous movie is in cinemas from July 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment