Wednesday, November 13, 2019

The Stars Of Burberry’s Christmas Campaign Share Their Favourite Festive Memories

At this time of year, along with festive food, last-minute shopping and mulled wine, the spreading of the holiday spirit brings one other thing to the forefront: love. And Burberry’s chief creative officer, Riccardo Tisci, has brought together an all-star cast – from Carla Bruni and Fran Summers to Lea T and Ikram Abdi Omar – to celebrate just that for the brand’s festive campaign.

Set to the soundtrack of “What Is Love?” by Deee-Lite, it sees the cast – which also includes brand ambassadors Zhou Dongyu and Yoo Ah-in, Shay, Boychild, Wu Tsang, Cecilia Chancellor, Sasha Pivovarova, Marina Morena, Mahmood and Ruben Loftus-Cheek – move and dance to the music amidst a suitably festive white setting.


Fran Summers, model-of-the-moment and former British Vogue cover star, fondly reflects on one special Christmas: “One year the whole family decided to go to Florida,” she tells Vogue. “It was so nice waking up in the morning to my parents’ cuddles, and knowing I was going to Disney World the same day! Presents under a tree don’t matter when you’re with your favourite people in your favourite place. I was still young and we went for Christmas lunch and it was one where all the characters would come out while you eat. And as you can imagine, I was the happiest little girl in that room!”

In contrast to Burberry Christmas campaigns under Christopher Bailey, which were as warm and fuzzy as they come thanks to a line-up of British favourites including Julie Walters, Tisci’s festive campaign, shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, is more eccentric. And being part of it is an experience Abdi Omar did not take for granted. “I felt so honoured to be part of an eclectic cast like this,” she tells Vogue. “I was so surprised and excited when I got the call because last year I met Naomi Campbell’s mum [Valerie Morris] and congratulated her on featuring in the 2018 festive campaign! It was a shock to me but it has always been one of my dreams to work for Burberry. It means a lot to me and it shows me that I can dream and achieve things that I put my mind to.”

No comments:

Post a Comment