Thursday, March 17, 2016

Why SJP Owes It To Carrie

Sarah Jessica Parker proved her down-to-earth credentials in New York yesterday. Arriving at Bloomingdales to help sell the latest collection for her eponymous footwear label, SJP by Sarah Jessica Parker, the actress credited her most famous role with the brand's existence.

"I'm very clear about why I have the opportunity to have a shoe line. If I hadn't played Carrie Bradshaw, there would be no reason in the world someone would say to me, 'Yeah I'll invest in your idea,'" she told Page Six. "I'm enormously aware of how I find myself here, but by the same token, I work my ass off."


The footwear line - which is now in its second year - has proven popular for theSex and the City star, who partnered with Manolo Blahnik CEO George Malkemus to create the brand - hardly surprising given her hands-on approach.

"The best way you can grow a business is to meet the customer. It's the only way you learn about what's working and what's not," she said, while helping fans of herself and the label try her heels on for size, justifying the price (ranging from £100 to £400) with the quality that comes with it.

"The cost is not without controversy," she said. "I'd love to be able to make a shoe like this for a much lower price, but you can't make a handmade shoe in Italy for cheap. I can't ask a customer to spend her hard-earned dollars on something that's going to fall apart in two weeks. I have to make shoes that I want to wear."

No comments:

Post a Comment