Friday, February 5, 2016

Naomi's Supermodel Lessons For Gigi

Gigi Hadid may have the fashion world at her feet, with six Vogue covers to her credit in the past 12 months alone, but she's admitted she does still have insecurities - with the criticism she's received for her walk uppermost on her mind. Fortunately, help was recently at hand on that front, with none other than supermodel Naomi Campbell stepping in to give her an impromptu walking workshop to boost the young model's confidence.


"I was with Naomi a couple of weeks before the VS show," Hadid told Love Magazine. "She said, 'Don't apologise, don't do it. You are perfect the way you are. Everyone said my walk was weird too.' I go to her hotel and we end up practising walking in the hallway of the hotel. Italian families are coming out to watch and she's like, 'Don't look at them, keep walking, they're your audience.' The elevator would open and the waiter would come out - 'Don't look at him, he's your audience, do a spin and keep going.' It was terrifying, walking in front of this Italian grandmother and her kid. After getting a lot of different opinions about my past Fashion Week I went into the VS show thinking, 'Yeah. Maybe I am different,' but I have heard Naomi saying, 'Bitch better have my money' after I walked for her. So it's going to be fine. If people don't like how I walk then they don't have to watch."

And it's not only Campbell who has proved a source of industry support to Hadid. She revealed that she has several "fashion mothers" who look out for her and support her - as they have done to many other women in fashion - including Carine Roitfeld, Donatella Versace, and Diane von Furstenberg.

"You start to listen to the negativity," she added, "and Diane was someone who was like, 'I love your walk'. I was like, if Diane like it, then whatever."

No comments:

Post a Comment