Monday, February 1, 2016

Cindy Announces Retirement At 50

Cindy Crawford has announced that she plans to retire this year as she celebrates her 50th birthday. The supermodel - who began modelling more than 30 years ago aged 17 - said that the next phase of her life is not one she plans to spend in front of the camera - not by choice anyway.


"I'm sure I'll have my picture taken for 10 more years, but not as a model anymore," Crawford told United Airlines's Rhapsody magazine. "And that's OK. I've done it. I've worked with all these incredible photographers. What else do I need to do? I can't keep reinventing myself. I shouldn't have to keep proving myself. I don't want to."


Appearing in this season's Balmain campaign, Crawford looked as comfortable in front of the camera as she ever has, alongside fellow supermodels Naomi Campbell and Claudia Schiffer. While her contemporaries may not be ready to step back yet, Crawford has spent the past few months promoting her new book, Becoming, celebrating her time in the industry.

Fellow model Gisele Bündchen, although 15 years Crawford's junior, announced her catwalk retirement last year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment