Sunday, February 1, 2015

Naomi: Supermodels Vs Instagirls

Naomi Campbell has revealed that if she had to choose, she'd be a supermodel all over again rather than one of the industry's new "Instagirls". The new generation of models - including Cara Delevingne, Karlie Kloss, Jourdan Dunn, Joan Smalls, Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner - have carved their careers in a new way, securing campaigns thanks, at least in part, to their massive social-media followings. But Campbell is glad she did things the old-fashioned way.


"It's amazing," Campbell told The Meredith Viera Show. "I mean, good luck to them. I just feel my generation of women, like Cindy Crawford, Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington, Claudia [Schiffer], we had to earn our stripes and take our stepping stones to get to where we have gotten; to accomplish what we have achieved to this date. I kind of feel like, 'My God, we've worked so hard and we are still working at it - then it just comes like that for them.' But I sometimes believe easy come, easy go. So I am actually grateful for the way I had my career. I wouldn't want it any other way. So that's for them, this is me."

No comments:

Post a Comment