Sunday, February 1, 2015

H&M's New Man

XIMON LEE has won this year's H&M Design Award - and is the first ever menswear designer to do so.

"I was stunned when they announced I was the winner," said the Parsons School of Fashion graduate. "The H&M Award means so much to me at the beginning of my career - I cannot imagine how I'd start my own label without it."


Ximon scoops €50,000 and the chance to develop pieces from his collection to be sold at selected H&M stores and online later this month.

"I think he is an incredible and accomplished designer. He had everything; his research was beautiful, the fabric development was accomplished and his design was good," said Luella Bartley, design director of Marc by Marc Jacobs and member of the judging panel alongside Vogue's fashion director Lucinda Chambers, Lily Allen and Margareta van den Bosch, creative adviser at H&M, among them.

No comments:

Post a Comment