Saturday, September 20, 2014

Galliano's "Step-By-Step" Fashion Return

John Galliano has given his first major television interview  since 2011 and revealed that he is making slow but definite progress towards his fashion return. Speaking on French news programme Le Supplément, the former Dior designer revealed some of the ways that he is dabbling in fashion - including mentoring four students at Central Saint Martins and venturing "back into creativity" with his role as  creative director for Russian perfumery chain L´Etoile.

John Galliano
"Step by step," he responded when asked if he planned to return to fashion design, adding: "I mean, I had it all, and I wasn't happy. Today, I'm happy."

Galliano also spoke about his partner, Alexis Roche, WWD reports, who has been a great support over the past few years. Noting that he hopes one day to "explain what happened" in person to Bernard Arnault, chairman of LVMH which controls Dior, Galliano maintains that things are moving in a "hopeful" direction.

Comeback Interview
"Although I have lost a lot, I have gained so much," he said. "I mean, I'm alive today. I've been able to work on myself, and, eventually, when I do come back into the industry, I know the industry won't have changed, but my perspective on it has changed."

Another step was taken back into fashion for the designer last week, when the Costume Institute selected an image of his work from his time at Dior to announce the Metropolitan Museum's new show, Chinese Whispers: Tales of the East in Art, Film and Fashion. Whether Galliano will attend the Met Ball - which marks its opening each year -  as he has so many times before, remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment