Monday, June 9, 2014

Suki The Fashion Designer

Italian trainer brand  Superga has tapped  Suki Waterhouse  to not only model its wares, but design them too.

The new string to Waterhouse's bow comes hot-off-the heels of the announcement earlier this week that she is slated to star in the forthcoming Hollywood blockbuster Insurgent.We asked the Burberry campaign star how she channelled her inner Christopher Bailey for the project.

"I spent a lot of time putting paper over my laptop screen and tracing things for inspiration, that bit was tricky," she told us. "I was in Paris over that time, so ideas came from shop windows and my experience there. It was a really interesting process, I learnt a lot."

Suki Waterhouse
Comprising three styles in the brand's popular flatform style, she described the collection as "happy little hearts," and when pressed to see if she has any more forays into designing world, she divulged: "I loved doing it, so let's see what happens next."

So, what has she taken away from the project? "A new enthusiasm for a moodboard."

Look forward to late August when they launch.

No comments:

Post a Comment