Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Donatella's Armani Statement

Donatella Versace has issued an official comment following designer Giorgio Armani´s interview with The Sunday Times Magazine this weekend in which he recalled a conversation with Gianni Versace on how the high-octane designer once compared the two's contrasting aesthetics.

"I find it extremely rude and tasteless that Mr Armani has once again put words in to my brother's mouth, especially because he is sadly no longer with us to reply. This is the second time that he claims this was said, the first time was immediately after his death and he apologised to me," said Donatella.


In the interview Armani responds to being noted for having "privately criticised Versace for 'dressing sluts' while he himself dressed ladies". Armani says: "That's true. But it's the other way round. I did not criticise him. He was talking to me. We were in Rome and we met in the Piazza di Spagna for a fashion event. He was looking at the models and he said to me, 'I dress sluts. You dress church ladies.'"

Donatella's statement continues: "When my brother spoke about fashion the only word that ever came from his mouth was glamour. What should be said about my brother is: may Gianni Versace rest in peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment