Friday, May 16, 2014

Who Told Cindy To Remove Her Mole?

Cindy Crawford's sister encouraged her to get rid of her famous beauty mark - calling it her "ugly mark" - but the supermodel's mother convinced her not to.

"Apparently, if it was on the right side it was a beauty mark, and if it was on the left it was an ugly mark," Crawford said. "I would get teased by the other kids in school, so I definitely wanted to get it removed. But my mother always said, 'You know what your mole looks like, you don't know what the scar is going to look like.' Now it's so much just a part of my face that I don't think, 'Oh, how's my mole doing today?' But it's the thing that made people remember me, and it made a lot of women who also have beauty marks identify with me. They set you apart. Honestly, though, if I was designing my face from scratch I don't know if I would have designed it with the mole."

She explained the secret of her international appeal ("In Italy they think I'm Italian, in South America they think I'm Latin, and in Greece they're, like, 'Are you Greek?' There are a lot of places in the world with people with brown hair and brown eyes") and also said that the reason that she keeps doing editorial shoots rather than retiring is so that she can avoid becoming a permanent "throwback Thursday" on social media - a phenomenon that she compares to "a little pet that's always hungry, like a Tamagotchi."

Cindy Crawford
Crawford also revealed that her daughter, Kaia, has certainly acquired some of her mother's skills - even if she doesn't have the same political ambitions.

"[Kaia and her friends] play dress up, and I'll take their photos. I did a shoot with them last weekend and it's just so funny looking at Kaia's body language," she told  Into The Goss. "Modelling is just in her DNA or something, it's crazy. But I think she likes acting more than modelling... who knows? She's 12. I wanted to be the first woman president at 12 so, you know, things change. I don't think becoming president is something I could do any more - I don't want to take a pay cut."

No comments:

Post a Comment