Sunday, May 25, 2014

Armani's New Protégé

Giorgio Armani has announced that the next designer to show, at his Armani Teatro space during Milan Fashion Week in September, will be Christian Pellizzari. He is the latest up-and-coming name that Armani has invited to present in the space, an initiative that the legendary designer established to support and encourage the next generation of Italian talent.

"I am proud and flattered to have been chosen by the undisputed international fashion icon that is Giorgio Armani," said Pellizzari. "During my career, his talent, consistency and timeless style have always fascinated me. I hope to live up to his iconic theatre with my fashion show, as this is an important step for me in my creative and professional life."

Christian Pellizzari for Armani
If the last beneficiaries of Armani's invitation are anything to go by, Pellizzari should expect a packed house. When Stella Jean showed her first collection in the space last September, it was one of the most talked-about shows on the Milan schedule, as was the next recipient, Au Jour Le Jour, which showed in February this year. It is proof of Armani's continuing support and promotion of the Italian fashion industry, following his joining of the Italian Chamber of Fashion in November last year.

"Offering young and promising designers a real opportunity for visibility is something that I'm passionate about. I like to discover individual visions and regain the energy that is the mainspring of success," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment