Thursday, December 26, 2013

Naomi Campbell Crowns Her New Model Star

Emma Holmes has been crowned the winner of Naomi Campbell´s model talent show, The Face - and, perhaps unsurprisingly, she was on the supermodel's team.

"She's tough, but nurturing," Holmes told us of her mentor. "She's really sweet. A few weeks ago, I was arguing with one of the other contestants and Naomi came to me, when the cameras had been turned off, and was so kind. She told me to breathe and sat with me as I told what was going on. She's also insanely hard-working. I admire her determination and work ethic so much. She taught me that you can always work harder. You might think you're working hard, but you can always do more."

Over the past eight weeks, Holmes has fought off competition from 24 aspiring models - who were divided in different teams, mentored by Campbell, Erin O'Connor and Caroline Winberg. The winner takes home a Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara campaign. Half-Dutch and half-Jamaican, Holmes entered the competition after a friend urged her to give it a try. She had already modelled beforehand, having featured in an Illamasqua advert, as well as catwalk stints for labels such as Mark Fast and Unconditional.

"The show was pretty intense," she admitted. "It was very competitive. When you have that many girls fighting for the same goal, everything is heightened. The episode where we had to model lingerie in front of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was the most difficult. I remember standing there underwear thinking, 'I am standing in a room wearing only underwear in a room full of supermodels.' But you just have to focus on what you're doing and focus those nerves on something positive."

Prior to modelling, Holmes wanted to study law at Harvard; she took part in the competition while completing her A-levels in English, History and Politics. For now though, carving a career in fashion is her priority.

Emma Holmes
"I want to work in modelling for as long as possible," she said. "Maybe one day I'll try acting or enrol in further education, but I want to make the most of this opportunity while I have it."

Holmes was known throughout the series for her "big personality", which she admits can sometimes "get me in trouble" - traits that certainly didn't deter her famous mentor.

"I am so proud of my Emma," said Campbell. "Not only is she uniquely beautiful, she's also bright, and I think you will have seen how much she developed throughout the series. Becoming the face of Max Factor is an amazing jump start to what can be a very successful career for her. I had a fun time mentoring her - sometimes more fun than others - and know we'll stay in touch."

No comments:

Post a Comment