Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Victoria: "I've Always Dreamed Big"

Just over a year since she opened her Dover Street store,Victoria Beckham's brand continues to grow and become a major player in the British luxury market. At last night's Walpole Awards the mother of four was awarded,"British Luxury Brand of the Year." Up against powerhouses of British luxury craftsmanship - Burberry, Roksanda, Bentley and Alexander McQueen - this was an "exciting night" for Beckham and her team.

"I feel a little overwhelmed because this does really mean an enormous amount to me. I've always dreamed big. I believe in creative visualisation," Beckham told us fresh from collecting the award at The Dorchester. "I was up there and I was really pinching myself. I feel proud of myself and I feel proud of my team."


While she may show at New York Fashion Week, London is still an intrinsic part of the Victoria Beckham brand. "I'm really proud to be British and to have my team here, my studio is here, and my atelier is here. Most of my ready to wear is manufactured here in London. We're an independent, UK-based brand operating on a global scale."

Also collecting awards on the night were London-based designers, Emilia Wickstead, who was recognised as "Best New British Luxury Brand", and Charlotte Olympia who took home the "British Brand Ambassador" award, a new addition to the ceremony this year.

As reiterated by Walpole British Luxury CEO, Michelle Emmerson in her opening speech, the British luxury industry is now worth over £32 billion and employs 113,000 people. To Beckham luxury is both design and quality. For her, luxury is enabling her customer to "feel like the best versions of themselves". Beckham explained: "I want my customer to feel special every time she puts on a dress, picks up a handbag, puts on a pair of sunglasses. It's important she feels special, she feels empowered and she's getting what makes her feel great."

No comments:

Post a Comment