Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Olivier Rousteing: Mr Popular

Olivier Rousteing has had a busy week. Not only has he presented his eighth applauded collection for Balmain but he has hit the one-million-followers mark on Instagram, making him the most popular French fashion designer on the platform.


So what is the magic formula? Rousteing regularly posts pictures of himself enjoying nights out (and nights in) with his glamorous posse of famous friends - including Naomi Campbell, Kim Kardashian West, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Rihanna and Karlie Kloss to mention a few - and gives his loyal following an exclusive insight into his private life and childhood. J

He is also not afraid to parody himself, which has proven time and time again to endear even the harshest of critics. On learning that he had hit the one-million-followers mark, Rousteing posted a still of himself on a chat show, with a contented grin on his face, accompanied with the caption: "The face that I do when I realise I reached 1M followers #Myfollowersarebetterthandyours #BalmainArmy #thankU #loveU #itsallaboutLOve #dreamteam #colgate".

When asked about his success on the social-media platform, Rousteing had a firm grasp of what his secret is: "I'm young, I'm black, I'm a designer, I have famous friends, but I also eat hamburgers and have both feet on the ground. It's real life and reality always excites people," he told WWD.

No comments:

Post a Comment