Thursday, July 3, 2014

Stella On Confusing Her Customers

Stella McCartney´s cruelty-free synthetic bags look like they are made of leather - so much so that the designer herself is having fun confusing customers who don't know the difference.

"It's all real skins. Don't tell anyone! I've just decided that all that environmentally friendly stuff is boring," she said ironically. "No, no, no - I'm joking: we use vegetable coatings and materials and we are really pushing boundaries in a sustainable manner without sacrificing style in any way. Half of the women here tonight probably don't even know the bags aren't leather, and I find that very exciting."

Stella McCartney
McCartney was in Milan for the launch of her pre-summer 2015 collection, a decidedly more glamorous affair than the weekend´s Glastonbury mud-fest, which the designer attended with her husband.

"I love a bit of Glasto," she told  The Telegraph. "I used to be a stay-in-a-tent girl but now I'm a stay-at-my-friend's-down-the-road girl. I've had many fabulous times there - both before and after the fence went up, which felt like the most devastating thing when it happened. Last year I went with my kids, they were running everywhere, and was the most nerve-racking experience of my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment